Watermelon Feta Salad
This watermelon feta salad is the ultimate fresh summer treat! This classic combination of sweet juicy melon and salty cheese is one of the summer's great pleasures. Fast and easy to make, it's also a perfect last-minute snack for sudden guests that come over!
- 8 cups cubed ripe seedless watermelon (5 pounds or 1/2 medium watermelon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 basil or 6 mint leaves, minced
- Lemon zest (optional)
- 1 pinch kosher salt, for garnish
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Chop the watermelon and arrange it on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with feta crumbles, basil or mint, and kosher salt. Add lemon zest or black pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately. If making ahead, refrigerate the cubed watermelon separately: it releases a large amount of water after it is cut. Then assemble the salad right before serving. Leftovers can be stored for up to 2 days.
Recipe courtesy of A Couple Cooks